Psalm 119:4 (CSB) You have commanded that your precepts be diligently kept.
I have failed you
- time and time again
- I am so far from keeping your precepts
- I have broken all of your laws
- I live in this body death
- where can I go
- only to Sheol
- to sit under your deserving wrath.
But that not what you have determined
- you will not let me rot in hell
- you have not given me over to my own wickedness and worthlessness
- you have promptly and completely removed my sin
- and you placed upon your loving Son.
- placed on him
- he descended into hell
- for me
- but since he is the spotless Lamb who was slain
- not one stitch of infection of Satan and demons could grab onto.
Christ descended into hell--righteous, holy, and blameless
- he ascended from hell--holy, righteous, and blameless.
That death was mine
- now his life is mine.
I will praise your name forever.