Psalm 53 (CSB)
For the choir director: on Mahalath. A Maskil of David.
1 The fool says in his heart, “There’s no God.” They are corrupt, and they do vile deeds. There is no one who does good.
2 God looks down from heaven on the human race to see if there is one who is wise, one who seeks God.
3 All have turned away; all alike have become corrupt. There is no one who does good, not even one.
4 Will evildoers never understand? They consume my people as they consume bread; they do not call on God.
5 Then they will be filled with dread— dread like no other— because God will scatter the bones of those who besiege you. You will put them to shame, for God has rejected them.
6 Oh, that Israel’s deliverance would come from Zion! When God restores the fortunes of his people, let Jacob rejoice, let Israel be glad.
- My life
- My words
- My actions
- Boldly proclaim,
- "There is no God!"
I sinned when I wanted
- And never repented
- No intention of
- Because I thought I was be fulfilled
- I thought porn was caring for me
- I thought lust was healing me.
But my sins
- Chew on my bones
- And gnawed on my flesh
- And I was immune to the pain
- And could not see what it was doing.
I was dead in my trespasses
- and sins
- Because I walked according
- To the ways of this world,
- According to every whim of Satan
- Disobeying you with every breath of my life
- I dwelled in my own fleshly desires
- I did what was right in my own eyes
- Disobeying you
- And sitting under your wrath.
- O God
- Forever rich in mercy
- Because of your great love for me
- Took me from death
- To life with your Son
- Even when I was dead.
I am saved by grace!
You raised me up with Christ
- So why?
- So that you can display
- Your immeasurable riches of your grace
- Through the kindness of your Son
I was saved by grace through faith
- Nothing that I am
- Nothing I have ever did
- Nothing that I can ever do
- Because you gave me everything
- Because you gave me your Son
I will boast in nothing less
- Then Jesus' blood and righteousness.
Everything that I am
- I am your work and poem.
Give me your Spirit
- Write your word upon my heart
- Dwell in my heart
- And go and send me.