Psalm 54 (CSB)
For the choir director: with stringed instruments. A Maskil of David. When the Ziphites went and said to Saul, “Is David not hiding among us?”
1 God, save me by your name, and vindicate me by your might!
2 God, hear my prayer; listen to the words from my mouth.
3 For strangers rise up against me, and violent men intend to kill me. They do not let God guide them. Selah
4 God is my helper; the Lord is the sustainer of my life.
5 He will repay my adversaries for their evil. Because of your faithfulness, annihilate them.
6 I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you. I will praise your name, LORD, because it is good.
7 For he has rescued me from every trouble, and my eye has looked down on my enemies.
I have seen so many evils in my life
- And I thought I had so many enemies
- Because they have wounded me
- And attempted to destroy me.
I have come close to the edge of death
- Because I was desperate for your love
- And I cannot bear to live one more moment
- Under persecution and torment.
I was already weak.
- The schemes of the devil?
- They worked.
- I was defeated.
- And I was no more.
But in whatever way
- I cannot understand
- You saved me
- And you saved me time and time again
- No matter how far I stray
- No matter if I was faithful
- You came and grabbed me and brough me close.
What about that time
- When you gave me your peace?
- How did I react?
- I fled full long into sin
- I gave over to lust and temptation
- I was seeking nothing from you
- Because I thought I had lost everything
- I was too blinded
- To see
- That no matter what I have lost
- Even my life
- I have everything
- Because I have you
- You are the holy one of God
- Christ Jesus my Lord
- I don't need to turn anywhere else
- I don't need to go anywhere else
- I have you.
You are my All-in-all.
Be my loving God.
Have mercy on me.
Thank you for saving me
- And making me your son.