Psalm 32:5 (CSB) Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not conceal my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,” and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah
How long, O Lord,
- when I have not confess to you
- when I have spoken of my evil
- when I thought, "The Lord forgives"
- and I no longer will be burdened with you.
But burden with my wickedness, I was.
- My pretend ignorance failed me
- My own heart betrays me.
- and I was crushed under my iniquity
- and I was suppressed by my unrighteousness.
But you have sent your Son
- to change my mind
- to speak life into my dead flesh
- to exchange my rock heart for your soft heart
- to borne my grief
- to carry my sorrow
- to be stricken for me
- to be smitten for me
- to be afflicted for me
- and pierced for my transgression
- and crushed for my iniquity.
- to be my righteousness forever.
Take my sin
- my back-breaking yoke
- my strength-sapping burden
- the best that I can ever do.
And give me your Son
- so I dwell in your presence
- and be free to love and obey you
- all of my days