Psalm 85 (CSB)
For the choir director. A psalm of the sons of Korah.
1 LORD, you showed favor to your land; you restored the fortunes of Jacob.
2 You forgave your people’s guilt; you covered all their sin. Selah
3 You withdrew all your fury; you turned from your burning anger.
4 Return to us, God of our salvation, and abandon your displeasure with us.
5 Will you be angry with us forever? Will you prolong your anger for all generations?
6 Will you not revive us again so that your people may rejoice in you?
7 Show us your faithful love, LORD, and give us your salvation.
8 I will listen to what God will say; surely the LORD will declare peace to his people, his faithful ones, and not let them go back to foolish ways.
9 His salvation is very near those who fear him, so that glory may dwell in our land.
10 Faithful love and truth will join together; righteousness and peace will embrace.
11 Truth will spring up from the earth, and righteousness will look down from heaven.
12 Also, the LORD will provide what is good, and our land will yield its crops.
13 Righteousness will go before him to prepare the way for his steps.
Just as you looked upon Noah
saw his wickedness
you looked upon my sins
and counted them up
and they are endless
and every one of my sins
was treasonous act
against your holiness
But just as you looked upon Noah
- and gave him grace
- you looked upon my estate
- and gave me grace
- I did nothing to deserve it
- I did everything to reject it
- but still you loved me
- knew me
- and saved me.
There will be one day
- I will stand in front of your precious Son
- and the account of my sins will be listed off
- and others' sins will not compare to my own
- because I am the chief of sinners
Call my sins out
- every last one of them
- because even it was one sin or a billionth sin
- I will still need Your only begotten Son
- Jesus Christ
- to forgive me of all of my sins
- and to cleanse me of all unrighteousness
- to remove my transgressions as far as the east is from the west
I am in desperate need
- of the grace that only Christ can give.
Name my sins
- so even my wickedness
- will glorify His name
- because salvation belongs to the Lord
- You are the only one mighty to save me.