Psalm 26 (CSB)
1 Vindicate me, LORD, because I have lived with integrity and have trusted in the LORD without wavering.
2 Test me, LORD, and try me; examine my heart and mind.
3 For your faithful love guides me, and I live by your truth.
4 I do not sit with the worthless or associate with hypocrites.
5 I hate a crowd of evildoers, and I do not sit with the wicked.
6 I wash my hands in innocence and go around your altar, LORD,
7 raising my voice in thanksgiving and telling about your wondrous works.
8 LORD, I love the house where you dwell, the place where your glory resides.
9 Do not destroy me along with sinners, or my life along with men of bloodshed
10 in whose hands are evil schemes and whose right hands are filled with bribes.
11 But I live with integrity; redeem me and be gracious to me.
12 My foot stands on level ground; I will bless the LORD in the assemblies.
You are my Lord,
- the defender of my heart
- the rescuer of my joy
- the protector of my life.
The world, life, Satan, and sin,
- might circle me
- might entrap me
- might try to take my life.
But you, O Lord, are my strength and shield.
- my ever present help
- my healing in my gaping wounds.
I do not be so presumptuous
- that I have anything good before you
- that my heart is upright in your presence
- that any of my deeds are good for you.
You are the one who set His affections upon me
- the one whose hands grabbed me
- the one whose strength pulled me close
- the one whose love will never let me go.
Be thou my righteousness forever.
- It is only you that I trust.