Psalm 34 (CSB)
11 Come, children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12 Who is someone who desires life, loving a long life to enjoy what is good?
13 Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from deceitful speech.
14 Turn away from evil and do what is good; seek peace and pursue it.
My lips have spoken evil
- because my heart was filled with wickedness.
My eyes saw lustful things
- because my heart was filled with sin.
My ears desired fleshy things
- because my heart was filled with cancer.
How can I even see good
- when I filled with evil and contempt?
- How can I even keep my tongue from evil and deceit
- when all I know is sin.
- How can I turn away from evil
- when all I have done is chase after my gods.
But you alone are good
- you alone bring peace
- and I dare not pursue you
- until you first capture me
- exchanged my heart
- gave me your faith
- gave me sight
- opened my ears
- changed my mind
- and gave me new desires.
- in your steadfast love
- grace upon grace
- and daily mercies
- capture my heart
- again and again
- keep my eyes on you
- and keep your precious word
- in my heart
- so that I will not sin against you.
Now, tomorrow and forever more.
I love you, Lord.