Psalm 36 (CSB)
7 How priceless your faithful love is, God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
8 They are filled from the abundance of your house. You let them drink from your refreshing stream.
9 For the wellspring of life is with you. By means of your light we see light.
I love you, Lord
- but only for a little while. I have known you for most of my life
- but loved you just a little.
I have seen your love for me
- started with my grandmother
- and then my mom My family is wicked and deceived
- and I had no inheritance. I was introduced to the revolting evil
- at an age when I should have not known
- and that sin
- quickly overcame my heart
- and infected my soul.
The devil had me early
- and I kept trying to end my life.
But you alone
- preserved my life
- when I was treasonous against you
- gave me grace
- when I was a sinner all the more
- saved me from the utmost
- when I was deserving of wrath
- gifted me your heart
- in exchange for my concrete
- gave me your Son
- in exchange for my sin
- gave me your Spirit
- so I will be marked as your son
- your love as always been on my life
- and I see it now
- preserve me
- keep me in your hands
- and never let me go.
I love you Lord
- increase my heart and affections
- towards you.