Psalm 47 (CSB)
For the choir director. A psalm of the sons of Korah.
1 Clap your hands, all you peoples; shout to God with a jubilant cry.
2 For the LORD, the Most High, is awe-inspiring, a great King over the whole earth.
3 He subdues peoples under us and nations under our feet.
4 He chooses for us our inheritance— the pride of Jacob, whom he loves. Selah
5 God ascends among shouts of joy, the LORD, with the sound of a ram’s horn.
6 Sing praise to God, sing praise; sing praise to our King, sing praise!
7 Sing a song of wisdom, for God is King of the whole earth.
8 God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne.
9 The nobles of the peoples have assembled with the people of the God of Abraham. For the leaders of the earth belong to God; he is greatly exalted.
I will sing
- of all of your done
- of your salvation of my soul
- of your goodness to me
- of your provision when I have nothing
- of your presence when I was alone.
I will proclaim
- that you alone are good
- that you alone are righteous
- that you alone are worthy
- that you alone are holy
I will preach
- that Christ came to save sinners
- of whom I am the foremost
- that Christ came to save His people
- from their sins
- that Christ is gentle and lowly
- and will take our sins
- of Christ alone
- and him crucified.
I will confess
- with a changed heart
- and a renewed mind
- and with your Spirit within me
- and your Son who died for me
- of all of my sins
- that you are God alone
- there is none like you.
I will live
- unto you alone
- because you are my precious God
- and my Lord