Psalm 23:1b (CSB) I have what I need.
I thank you for your perfect provision.
You are my Good Father in heaven
- and because I am your child,
- you have always provided for me.
When I was younger, I wanted many things
- but you did not provide them.
But looking back,
- those things I wanted
- would have harmed me
- or cause me to turn away from you.
But what you have always done
- is gave something even better,
- which turned out to be actually good.
It is by your hand alone
- that I have shelter over my head,
- food in my stomach,
- water upon my dried tongue.
It is by your strength
- I am able to stand
- seek out accomplishments
- which is the work you have provided
- for me to do for your glory.
But more than that,
- you are my All-in-all
- because you gave me everything
- when you gave me yourself
- in Christ Jesus my Lord.
Since I have your love,
- your Son,
- your Spirit,
- you have given me so much
- that heaven and earth
- can give me no more.
I will praise you
- with every single breath you give me.
And I will love you
- with all the love you have given me.