Let’s get the personal stuff out of the way.
Name: Joseph Louthan
Family: Wife with three kids
Vocation: Consultant with Red Hat
Church: Intern at Frontline Church, Oklahoma City, OK
Discord: Theologicus - Yes, this is the Discord for this page, podcast, and study!
So what will this study be?
Here are some ways it will not be:
- In-depth or technical - Definitely nothing wrong with this method. This is not my strongest suit and I am really not here to impress anybody. I am just here to point you to Christ.
- Time-Restraints - Don’t be surprise if I have super short studies. Likewise, it might go long. I want to depend on God for that.
- Boggled down in details - When it comes to theology and doctrine, I have tried to abide in one rule, “Keep the main thing the main thing. Stop majoring in the minors.”
So how do we keep the main thing the main thing?
So glad you asked:
- Devotional - These studies are intended to be sweet time in connecting with God
- Prayerful - If done correctly, my intention is that the passage will mark, and then eventually, bath our prayers
- Christ-Exalted - All the Scriptures are about Jesus. This point will be driven into the ground.
- Gospel-Centered - Yes, this is an over-used term. But if the good news can be proclaimed, then we will absolutely preach that God saves sinners.
- God-glorified - This is not about your best life now. This is not about 10 ways to do something better. This is not try harder. This is not “I get to sin against God and he will look the other way.” This is about God and everything that He is and the promises He has fulfilled in Christ by the power of His Spirit.
What should we expect from the show structure?
The format will be simple. Here’s a little template that I will be using
What is the text we will be studying today?
What, if any, other text supports what we are studying today? (If there is none, then we will won’t get bogged down.)
What does the text say about God?
What is the good news?
What do we do now? Or as I like to say, “Where does God’s grace have me now?”
A simple prayer to God.
This might be audacious of me but I want to release recordings every evening in time for the following day’s study. That means I have tons of writing and recording to get ahead of time. And then, only by God’s good grace, continuously go forward.
Join me in studying Romans or as I call it: “Paul’s Biblical & Systematic Theology based on the Ministry of Jesus Christ”.
I need to do something here will krisp work i dont know
does this still work or do I want to go back to Krisp