Mark 6:7-13 Jesus Sends Us Out
Last updated: 12 Nov 2019 06:42
Mark 6:7-13 And he called the twelve and began to send them out two by two, and gave them authority over the unclean spirits. He charged them to take nothing for their journey except a staff—no bread, no bag, no money in their belts—but to wear sandals and not put on two tunics. And he said to them, “Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you depart from there. And if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them.” So they went out and proclaimed that people should repent. And they cast out many demons and anointed with oil many who were sick and healed them.
1. Name some of the things that Jesus taught the disciples -or- what are some of the things that Jesus did recently?
2. What were the disciples suppose to tell the villagers?
3. What do you think Jesus meant when he said, “And if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them.“?
4. Why do you think Jesus told them not to bring anything but a staff, clothes on their backs, and sandals?
5. If the disciples learned from the Jesus and did what He did, can we do what the disciples did?
6. How do we do the same things that Jesus and the disciples did?
Series: I have made mentioned of our family devotions on the Internets and gotten a few requests for my notes. So that is what I am doing just that here. Every Wednesday as a regular weekly series, I will share my notes that I write in preparing for family devotions.