Mark 6:30-44 Pt. 1 Jesus is the Giver of Life
Last updated: 30 Nov 2019 16:55
Mark 6:30-44 The apostles returned to Jesus and told him all that they had done and taught. And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat. And they went away in the boat to a desolate place by themselves. Now many saw them going and recognized them, and they ran there on foot from all the towns and got there ahead of them. When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. And he began to teach them many things. And when it grew late, his disciples came to him and said, “This is a desolate place, and the hour is now late. Send them away to go into the surrounding countryside and villages and buy themselves something to eat.” But he answered them, “You give them something to eat.” And they said to him, “Shall we go and buy two hundred denarii worth of bread and give it to them to eat?” And he said to them, “How many loaves do you have? Go and see.” And when they had found out, they said, “Five, and two fish.” Then he commanded them all to sit down in groups on the green grass. So they sat down in groups, by hundreds and by fifties. And taking the five loaves and the two fish he looked up to heaven and said a blessing and broke the loaves and gave them to the disciples to set before the people. And he divided the two fish among them all. And they all ate and were satisfied. And they took up twelve baskets full of broken pieces and of the fish. And those who ate the loaves were five thousand men.
1. John said that, “Jesus had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd”. Why was it so important for Jesus to have compassion? What is compassion?
2. Why would Jesus have compassion on sheep who do not have a shepherd? What are sheep? What are shepherds?
3. What happens to sheep if they do not have a shepherd?
4. Why is it so important for sheep to have shepherd? What does a shepherd do?
5. Why is it so important for people to have a pastor? What does the pastor do?
Series: I have made mentioned of our Devotions on the Internets and gotten a few requests for my notes. So that is what I am doing just that here. Every Wednesday as a regular weekly series, I will share my notes that I write in preparing for Devotions.