Mark 10:17-22 And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother. ’” And he said to him, “Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth.” And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” Disheartened by the saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
- What is more important to God: following his laws or the right state of your heart?
- How does God know your thoughts and what is going on in your heart and soul?
- Is it possible to please God without being saved and without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?
- Is it possible to worship God with the heart you had before?
- Can unbelievers obey God? (Romans 8:5-8)